We have just moved to our new offices! (Updated on 10 July 2014) We were not able to receive any emails between 28 June and 9 July. If you emailed us during this period, we would be grateful if you could email us again. Please note: – Our new number is 020 3716 0284. – Our new […]June, 2014
We have just moved to our new offices! (Updated on 10 July 2014)
We were not able to receive any emails between 28 June and 9 July. If you emailed us during this period, we would be grateful if you could email us again.
- Our new number is 020 3716 0284.
- Our new Advice Line number is 020 3716 0283.
- Our new fax number is 020 3716 0272.
We apologise for any inconveniences caused during the last two weeks, while our telephone and IT systems were not working. Thank you for your patience.
Summary of our new contact details is available here.
Please support ASAP team! (April 2014)
ASAP publishes its five-year strategic plan (Dec 2013)
Following our consultation exercise (thank you to everyone who participated!), ASAP has now produced our five year strategic plan. You can view the document via the link below. We look forward to continuing to work with you.
Home Office instructions for Iranians accessing Section 4 support on the grounds they are taking ‘all reasonable steps’ to return to Iran.
We have been notified by Refugee Action that the Home Office has produced an ‘instruction to case owners’ concerning access to section 4 asylum support for Iranians under 3(2)(a). Apparently it doesn’t constitute H.O. policy and is only internal guidance, but nonetheless it’s pretty useful for any Iranians trying to access support on the basis of taking all reasonable steps to leave. Key points include:
- confirmation that there is no longer a consular service run by the Iranian Government in the United Kingdom
- confirmation that the Oman embassy is not currently providing consular services to Iranians
- confirmation that an application for section 4 support will be considered on the basis of contact with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Islamic Republic of Iran and/or contact with the Iranian Embassy in Dublin (emails and addresses provided in the guidance).
The guidance also confirms that H.O. do not expect applicants to travel to the Republic of Ireland illegally in order to pursue re-documentation through the Iranian Embassy in Dublin.
You can download a copy of the instructions here Home Office Reasonable Steps Letter for Iranians May 2013
Please support ASAP team! (April 2014) On 19 May 2014, our friends and supporters are taking part in the London Legal Support Trust’s annual 10km walk to raise money for ASAP. See Donate page for more information.April, 2014