Asylum Support for AdvisorsIntermediate Course
This training is for those who have a working knowledge of the asylum support system who want to improve this knowledge so that they can assist clients with successful applications for support. The training will also cover the appeals process.
- Tops tips on Proving Destitution
- Section 57 decisions
- Right of Appeal
This training is for those who have a working knowledge of the asylum support system who want to improve this knowledge so that they can assist clients with successful applications for support. This training will not provide an overview of the asylum support system, Participants should already be able to identify what type of support each of the following cases are eligible for:
- Destitute refused asylum seeker with a fresh asylum claim pending
- Destitute asylum seeker who will be street homeless in 14 days
- Destitute asylum seeker who is street homeless
After this session you should be able :
- Assist your clients in completing the asylum support application form, and identify the best evidence to support it
- Understand the appeals process, and be able to assist your clients in submitting and appeal and in acting for them up to the date of the hearing
- Be confident in using the legislation, key cases and Home Office asylum support policies
- Above all, encourage your organisation to do asylum support!
What do I need to do if I’m interested?
This training can be provided in-house or to a group of interested organisations in an area local to you. The organisation(s) attending will need to provide a free venue for the training. We prioritise organisations that are committed to expanding their services to include assisting asylum seekers apply for asylum support.
For more information call or email Aideen Woods: Email: email@example.com or Tel: 020 3716 0284